At the initiative of Peggy Nacitas, in the MJC (House of Young people and Culture) of Savigny-sur-Orge (France), I proposed “Pocket Films” workshops, for young people aged 11 to 14 years.
On 7 May 2013, a day of production workshop “Pocket Films” at the House of St-Martin-Prés district of Savigny-sur-Orge. We were able to get us into an isolated small room. With young people, we turned it into a mini movie theater. Be at the heart of life, together in a protected space.
The morning, after a long discussion, I proposed the creation of a collective film, which they titled “The objects of the world.” A long shot together, where everyone had to shoot an object.
In the afternoon, the young people were highly motivated, so I made them make films on three themes:
- Words (under Filming words), so that the films are released.
- At their request, another collective film consisting of several sequences on the theme of shame.
- And finally, interviews of objects filmed telling their life in voiceover.
Summary of the day
A rare involvement by young people, which has a rich work, deep, with great imagination, many films in a short time. Sometimes, some “magic” happens!
- The objects of the world
Films under Filming words
- Know-how (Morgan, Catherine, James)
- The team class (Clayton, Omar Nabil)
- Protecting Your friend (Peter Gerald, Mehdi)
- That (Clement, Joel Kamel Yassine)
Film on a common theme
Interviews of objects
- 1, 2, 3 objects (Clement, Joel Kamel Yassine)
- The live ball (Peter Gerald, Mehdi)
- Objects looking for a job (Clayton, Omar Nabil)
- Live Objects (Morgan, Catherine, James)