The Franco-German channel ARTE is, like all TV channels, changing the very nature of its activities. ARTE pioneered early on the web (with ARTE Live Web ARTE creative, etc.). These new programs, these new kinds of relationship to the public, and the complementarity between what is proposed “on air” and what is happening on the web, involve changes in working methods of the teams.
I intervened several times at ARTE, for INA Expert, for in-house training, for officials from various sectors of production.
This time, it’s a 3 days training, with this program :
- New trends in audiovisual web (led by Sylvie Georgiades).
- Manufacture of a multimedia work (led by Benoît Labourdette).
- Effectively manage and treat formats, constraints and technological characteristics of the media for the web (led by Franck Montagné).
Here is a summary of the training that I led, “Manufacture of a multimedia work”
- The foundations of digital.
- The foundations of network, and issues of bitrates.
- The web languages : HTML, Flash, HTML5, CSS, PHP.
- The web media formats: still images (JPEG, GIF, PNG) and video (FLV, H.264, WebM).
- Tools for creating multimedia objects on the web: Drupal Klynt, Djehouti...
- The main CMS: Wordpress, Joomla, SPIP...
- The centrality of mobile platforms (Responsive design, best practices, specific uses).