Training in digital image education at the CNFPT (Centre National de la Fonction Publique Territoriale)..
The objective of this 4-day training course was to provide tools for designing, deploying, animating, financing and running image education projects with the tools, potentialities and challenges of digital technology. It was aimed at territorial civil servants, animators, mediators, directors and managers of social and cultural structures. Media libraries, museums, youth centres, entertainment centres...
The training was conducted in two parts:
- Project management tools, by Claudie Le Bissonnais.
- The tools of cultural animation, by Benoît Labourdette.
You can find here in PDF (bottom of the page) the documents and filmed exercises made during the training. It is through practice that you learn, by yourself.
Program of training
- Discover tools to develop an offer of creative digital workshops for young people.
- Discover the institutional landscape of cultural action linked to visual arts and in particular animated images.
- Allow animators to be made aware of the techniques of animated image in relation to the practices of their audiences.
- Take into account the current challenges of the image related to new practices and new digital tools, and integrate it into a pedagogical practice.
- Raising awareness of image education: critical reading, image rights...
Monday, December 4,2017: Stocktaking and tools
Claudie Le Bissonnais and Benoît Labourdette
- Status of young people’s digital practices
- Identification of current issues in image education
- Fields of action and problems: films with mobile phone, machinimas, web platforms, mobile projections, right to the image...
- Public participation in a collaborative project
- Scriptwriting approach
- Practical experience: participating in a Pocket Film workshop and directing a collective film.
Tuesday 5 December 2017: Teaching methods
- Practical application: continuation of Pocket Film workshop and directing films in groups.
- Examples of educational workshops: co-design, project examples, innovative approaches.
- The question of online publication and dissemination (legal, strategic, technical...).
Thursday 7 December 2017: Teaching methods (continued)
- The technical aspect: use, editing and dissemination, best practices and tools on the web.
- Exchange time to study the adaptation of its project to a diversified audience
Friday, December 8,2017: Methodology of an image education project + presentation of resources at the regional level.
Claudie Le Bissonnais and Nathalie Quentin
- Design, writing and financing of a project.
- Specificity of the pedagogical project and its local context.
- Articulation between socio-cultural animation and event logic.
- Definition of evaluation criteria related to the project.
- Declination of resources and tools available to project leaders.
- Claudie Le Bissonnais: Regional Delegate of the Image Passenger System for the Île-de-France Region (Arcadi).
- Benoît Labourdette: Filmmaker, pedagogue, specialist in digital mediation.
- Nathalie Quentin: Public Education and Youth Counsellor Social and educational accompaniment cluster, Departmental Directorate of Social Cohesion of the Yvelines.
Selection of films
Films made by participants during the workshop.